red flower Rituals
red flower Rates:
$165 for 90 minutes
The red flower treatments are referred to as "rituals" and are unlike any other we offer. They are intended to more directly connect to a full sensory experience. The entire individual is attended to and enveloped in the scents and textures of the oils and creams crafted with all-natural ingredients culled from ancient beauty and health rituals from Asia to Africa.
The red flower treatments are only offered at a handful of spas across the country given that the products are painstakingly made by hand in limited batches. Some of the red flower products are also for sale in our foyer for use between treatments. We are pleased to be able to offer our clients and guests the opportunity to take part in this one-of-a-kind experience, the red flower Ritual.
This ritual is a meditative and purifying treatment designed to revitalize, care for, and soften the whole person.
* This ritual begins with kinmoxei wild lime silk oil. The therapist begins a hand massage and gently compresses the sacrum to stretch the lower back, helping the body feel more grounded.
* To stimulate blood flow, energize, and firm, an ohana gingergrass bamboo scrub is applied to the body and washed off with luxurious hot towel compresses.
* At this time, the therapist will leave the room and the guest is invited to rise to a warming shower using a small bowl of yuzu mimosa algae wash. This physical act of cleansing aids in the process of emotional cleansing and values caring for the whole person.
* The body is cleansed, ready to rest on the table for a nourishing and softening rice buff. The wild cherry blossom rice buff is gently pressed over skin, releasing the nutritive blend of rice bran, cherry blossom, and wild cherry. The therapist will move the body in circular motions, directly and generously adding nutrients to the skin.
* To open the skin's glow and replenish the body, a rose camellia plum soft water mist is misted over the body.
* This is followed by Shiatsu stretches, compressions, kneading, and tapotement. The massage incorporates kinmoxei wild lime silk oil to keep energy radiating and circulating in the body.
* This lovely and meditative 90-minute ritual closes with the gentle aroma of plum blossom silk cream.
Therapeutic Ingredients: apricot blossom * mimosa flower * camellia * cherry blossom * plum blossom * rose oil * ginger * passionflower * jasmine * cherry bark * wild lime
The Hammam Ritual
Rooted in traditions from Turkish bathhouses, the Hammam red flower ritual detoxifies and enlivens.
* This awakening ritual begins with cardamom amber oil, intended to awaken and prepare the body for the lemon coffee .olive blossom stone scrub
* Therapeutically, this scrub increases oxygen and renews the skin organ with nourishing exfoliation; the citrus forward scent invigorates the senses while polishing skin.
* After, the skin is soothed with an application of jasmine rose rhassoul clay, which acts to draw out impurities and calm the body from within.
* Once soothed, the body is ready for a relaxing shower using the Moroccan mint tea silt purifier. At this time, the therapist will leave the room and the guest is invited to take time to center, to value the act of self care and the ritual of cleansing.
* The body is cleansed and ready to rest on the table for a warming massage. The therapist will begin with a gentle mist of orange quince steam room mist over the skin and the massage incorporates cardamom amber oil.
* This warming and beautiful 90-minute session closes with the application of enriching and deeply moisturizing tangerine fig butter cream.
Therapeutic Ingredients: coffee * hibiscus * black pepper * shea butter * moroccan mint * fig * lemon blossom * neroli * rose * sandalwood * white sage
About the red flower philosophy, from the company website:
red flower was created to "transform everyday experiences to their utmost extreme" and "founded on the principles of world traditions, sustainable sourcing, ritual, well-being and aesthetics.
red flower encourages the enjoyment of simple experiences and celebrates life through the purity and freshness of flowers. each product is created to smell fresh, alive and complete and to offer a quiet ritual. this is an experience of beauty. this is a moment of happiness."
Yael Alkalay is the founder of red flower. She was inspired to create a kind of beauty that is not easily bottled, one that focuses both on the internal and the external. red flower's inspiration finds its roots in Yael's cultural heritage. Her grandfather was the first dermatologist in Bulgaria, and she descends from eight generations of Turkish grand rabbis, Kiev musicians and farmers from the pampas of Argentina. Traveling extensively to maintain family ties and traditions, she lives with deep medical, spiritual and agricultural sensitivity, rich household customs and everyday sensual moments.